Outcomes / Downloads
Expected impact on youth:
- The children/pupils with disabilities from remote areas that are in danger of exclusion will benefit from pedagogical measures that are adjusted to their needs and requirements, thus increasing their successful integration in mainstream education, thus also heightening their chances to succeed in life.
- The mainstream schools will be able to implement the martial arts training into their sports curriculum.
- The national umbrella associations for teachers, school, special and inclusive education, etc. can offer MAINCLUSION outcomes to their staff using the manuals and handbooks.
The main outputs of the project will be:
- IO1 Case studies (audio, video, text)
- IO2 MAINCLUSION curriculum and “Train the trainers” handbook
- IO3 (Online/Mobile) course/training material
- IO4 Online peer support and training portal platform
- IO5 Set of interactive training videos
- IO6 Mobile training app with individual learning path
IO1: Case studies (audio, video, text)
- To collect a vast set of case studies in a variety of format (audio, video, text) from BG, BE, TR, GR – minimum 100 in total – and will act as library with good/best/bad practices, offering a detailed insight on the influence of the martial arts on the competences and skills of disadvantaged youth
- Focus will be especially on sports teachers that support students with disabilities or from other disadvantaged groups.
IO2: MAINCLUSION curriculum and “Train the trainers” handbook
- To define the curriculum outline on the martial arts training which needs to be blendable with existing mainstream sports courses training
- To follow the framework of the approach as propagated by Evangelos Vlachos (The Benefits of Using Traditional Martial Arts as an Intervention Programme for Children with Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties)
- To provide guideline to teachers and coaches at schools how to deliver the course which is very important to ensure the sustainability and exploitation of the output during and beyond the project lifetime.
IO3: (Online/Mobile) course/training material
- To prepare the course material and associated training material as outlined in IO2 and following the positive approach
- To create a content which will be fine-tuned throughout the project duration, using an iterative approach during the piloting with the target group of teachers
IO4: Online peer support and training portal platform (link)
- To develop an online portal will apart from offering a community that addresses martial arts and inclusion issues, also provide access to the online learning platform (open source software, based on Moodle).
- To integrate both the online portal and mobile app (IO6) so that that content within the mobile application will be managed also via the online platform, ensuring also easy content customisation and update of the mobile app.
- To enable the usage of novel technologies which will enhance the lever effect of the martial arts as the group of beneficiaries is young and interested in novel approaches.
IO5: Set of interactive training videos
- To produce interactive online training videos which will feature clickable objects and links that make online training more tactile and engaging.
- To stand out from other forms of multimedia by putting the learner into the driver’s seat.
- To enable every viewer to get the opportunity to choose their next move and access online training content that’s relevant to them. Instead of merely watching an online presentation, they are able to pick their own personal path and meet specific learning objectives they need.
IO6: Mobile training app with individual learning path (Google Play link)
- To develop an Android based mobile app which will allow for mobile training, whereby trainees will be able to contribute themselves to the training material with case studies, and -after approval- use it as training material, as well as share it with other teachers and stakeholders.
- To integrate the mobile app so that that content within the mobile application will be managed also via the online platform, ensuring also easy content customisation and update of the mobile app.